We're about to dive straight into these tips! But before we do, NO. Your digital marketing does NOT suck! However, just like with anything else, there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
Firstly, lets define digital marketing. Digital Marketing is the practice of marketing online and through digital means. A one-time subscription,
Key Digital Marketing Practices
Social Media - The use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube or TikTok etc. to connect with customers and promote your business
Website/Blog - The use of a Website to engage with customers and promote the products/services your business offers
Search Engine Optimisation - SEO is the optimisation of your website to increase your ranking in search engine results.
Email Marketing - Targeted emails promoting a product or service your offer
PPC - Pay Per Click ads
Sponsored Content - digital content produced or sponsored by a third party.
1. Websites are arguably the most important part of a digital marketing campaign. Why? Because this is where you are directing the majority of your traffic to. You should ensure that your website is regularly updated with new content, even if you aren't offering new products or services.
2. SEO is the purposeful use of keywords, terms and queries throughout your site that search engines can pick up. The more Google thinks your business knows about a topic, keyword or query, the higher your site will rank in search results of that query. Where your website ranks on Google and other search engines can greatly affect the amount of traffic your website receives. So, do your business a favour and take some time aside to assess or reassess your keywords and your implementation of them. Check back next week for more SEO tips!
3. Your Blog is an extremely useful marketing tool, use it! Again, keeping a blog up-to-date can be a tiresome task but absolutely worthwhile in the long-run. Your blog can be used in plethora of ways to increase traffic on your website, and can do so across multiple channels. Search engines pick up keywords in your blogs, so try and include at least 3 terms or queries per blog, and ensure you use a keyword in the title and meta description of the post. Get even more from your blog posts by giving them an enticing name, and sharing across your socials with relevant hashtags (keywords). Regularly posting is another way of increasing your rank in search engine results.
4. Paid Partnerships and Sponsored Posts are another great way of generating leads and traffic. If your budget allows, hire an influencer or micro-influencer to promote your products or services. Influencers and Micro-Influencers are both viable options for increasing your reach, but it is important to select figures that support the message, product or service your business is trying to push. Their target audience should be your target market.
If your budget does not allow for more prominent influencers with larger followings, the micro-influencer offers the same service, just with a smaller potential reach and smaller cost to you.
5. PPC and Paid Ads are beneficial to those targeting a variety of customer types, in multiple geographical locations. With PPC, you can define the people who you want to reach.
For example, dev. by us run ads on Instagram. To do so, we set a daily spending budget, a location we wish to target, and then we define the type of person we want our posts to reach.
This is where it starts to get interesting! We provide services to startups, entrepreneurs and small business owners. For our ads, we could easily target all three through shared interests. But, we could also split the audience up even further, as even though they may share similar interests, a startup is in an entirely different position to a small business that may have been trading for a few years. Both may require our services, but the service may vary. We hope you can see where we are going with this!
And there we have it, 5 ways to boost your marketing strategy. We have no further comments *imitates mic drop*. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Won't you follow us, friend? our @ is universal, follow us on socials everywhere @ dev by us
written by the team at dev. by us MWAH x